Membership enables firms to service the cross-border needs of their clients. It provides them with an additional competitive advantage and international dimension to their offering. Some of the core benefits of being a member are:
We are proud to emphasise the high quality of our member firms. Our recruitment policy is a stringent one. We only select the leading firms in their location and we do so on quality, not size or ranking – although many of our members are ranked in the top five or 10 in their location. And we are not afraid to reject membership applications either.
We ensure this level of quality is maintained by carrying out the following:
- Rigorous pre-membership due diligence
- Ongoing best practice review programme
- Promoting performance standards between firms
Training and conferences
We have a very popular, well-attended, regional and international conference programme. All member firms attend at least one conference every year. The conferences comprise of high-quality speakers, relevant technical sessions and news on current issues within the industry. These conferences are not only professional, informative events but great opportunities for members to network, create new contacts and develop existing relationships and friendships within the association and ultimately do business!
We organise specific technical training seminars/webinars. We listen to what our members are interested in and what topics they feel would be most useful and organise the events subject to their demand.
Marketing and communications
We use various channels of marketing and communication to promote our association and member firms. These include a public relations programme; client-member networking events; participation in relevant world surveys and interviews in trade related journals.
Our in-house marketers maintain active roles in the relevant professional associations including: The Chartered Institute of Marketing and The American Association of Marketing and are on-hand to advise member firms on their individual marketing programs.
We publish a variety of popular materials. These include:
- The Morison KSi Doing Business Guide series - compiled by member firms, each guide provides useful and practical insights on doing business in a specific country.
- Global Tax Insights - a quarterly tax newsletter including international tax cases, technical updates and current country insights.
- Global Opportunities Bulletin - shares and promotes cross-border business opportunities and success stories of joint projects undertaken by member firms. It allows firms to showcase their specialist skills/knowledge to uncover potential opportunities.
- Quality Firms and High-Profile People - showcases member firms’ achievements, awards and appointments and is an excellent document for highlighting the quality of members.
Our members' only site, provides a rich-resource of information for members, including all Morison KSi publications; common interest group sections; industry whitepapers and research reports; past conference papers and an in-depth members’ directory.
We regularly conduct member surveys to ensure we deliver benefits in line with our members' expectations; and we utilise the world-recognised Net Promoters' Index to measure our members’ firms' satisfaction.
Technical working groups
As a member, you will benefit from peer networking, joint marketing initiatives and the sharing of knowledge. We are an association run by members for the benefit of members. If there is a need for specific working groups, joint resources, specific knowledge sharing member firms are encouraged to lead these groups, and the GEO can facilitate follow-up, meetings, conference calls etc.
We have a number of active groups covering: Tax (including R&D Tax Credits, Transfer Pricing and VAT specialisms), Audit, Corporate Finance, Media and Entertainment to name a few.